>I have a seriously problem. I exaggerate. ALL THE TIME.
But really, I do. I definitely throw around “favorite” and “love” too much. “That’s my favorite movie!” “I love this restaurant!” You get the idea.
I’m working on it.
There is one area, however, where exaggeration is not at play.
I love Guacamole. With a side of tortilla chips, it is my favorite food.
Last night the stars aligned – avocados where on sale, and they were nice and ripe. YESSSS.
- 4 ripe avocados
- 1 med. tomato, diced
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced (take the seeds out if you don’t like a lot of heat)
- 1/2 serrano pepper, diced (again, take the seeds out if you don’t like heat)
- 1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 lime
- salt, pepper
- Slice avocados in half, lengthwise. Remove pits and add to serving bowl. Mash the avocados with a fork. If the avocados are nice and ripe, it won’t take much mashing.
- Add the diced tomato, onion, peppers, garlic, and cilantro. Stir to mix all of the ingredients together.
- Add the juice of one squeezed lime. You can microwave the lime for 20 seconds or so if it’s a little hard to help coax out more juice.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix one last time and Enjoy.