That’s right. I’m a poser. I pretend to make gourmet, rustic meals from scratch. But really? I opened up a few cans, simmered them together in a pot and 2o minutes later – Poser Chili. (Name courtesy of Adam. I love it.)
- 1 can or jar Marinara sauce (I used 1 can of Trader Joe’s Tuscano Marinara)
- 1 can corn
- 1 can black beans
- 1 jar salsa (I used Trader Joe’s Double Roasted salsa)
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 tbsp chili powder (optional)
- 1 tbsp basil, dried
- olive oil
- In a medium saute pan over medium, add a little olive oil and cook ground turkey. I seasoned the turkey in the pan with the basil, salt and pepper. Cook until done. Drain any excess oil/juice and set aside.
- Drain the corn and black beans.
- Mix the corn, black beans, marina, salsa and spices in one pot and allow to simmer 10-15 minutes.
- Add the cooked turkey and allow to simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with warm crusty bread (and a glass of vino!)
The Boo and I enjoyed with a side salad and toasted sourdough bread. I think this will be a regular dinner from now on. The great thing is it is easily adaptable. I think next time I might add some diced jalepeno.
It was the perfect accompaniment to an evening at home catching up on episodes of Modern Family (I LOVE THIS SHOW) and Parks and Recreation (I wish more people would watch this show, it’s sooo funny).