>So living next to the beach has it’s pluses. In fact, it’s mostly all pluses (do I really need to elaborate?) BUT when you have a puppy suddenly that warm, beautiful white sand is everywhere. Including all over Tino. So last night was bath night.
- Corn tortillas
- Vegetable oil
- Chili powder
- Pour vegetable oil in a frying pan over high heat. Fill with enough oil so that the oil is about 1″ deep.
- In a small bowl, combine equal parts salt and chili powder (I used about 2 tablespoons of each and had leftover seasoning).
- Take about 6 corn tortillas and stack them up in a pile and cut to create triangles. I cut the entire stack lengthwise 4 – once vertical cut, one horizontal (you know have a cross) and then two diagonal cuts. This makes sense, right?
- Once the oil has heated up (I drop a little piece of corn tortilla in the pan, if the oil starts bubbling around the tortilla, it’s ready) place your tortilla triangles in the pan, careful to not put too many so that there is no overlapping.
- After about 2 minutes on each side (they will be nice and golden) place on a plate with a paper towel to allow to drain and cool.
- While still hot, sprinkle the salt mixture lightly over the chips.
- Place in serving dish of your choice and enjoy!
These chips are incredibly delicious. And you can put whatever seasoning you want on them. Next time I’m thinking just salt and lime juice. Although, these were pretty great and sometimes you should just let a good thing be.