>Working from home is great. As if I had to tell you. As I mentioned last week, it ‘s been a very positive change for me. This week’s newly discovered benefit? Convenient whenever-I-want-them lunch and snacks. Today I woke up with a huge craving for Egg Salad. You know the rest of the story…
Easy, Adaptable Egg Salad
- 4 eggs, hard boiled (I used this method – it never fails!)
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 green onions, diced. (I use both green and white parts)
- Non-fat yogurt
- Dijon mustart
- Salt and Pepper
- Peel and rough chop the hard boiled eggs. Place in a mixing bowl.
- Add the celery, green onions, 2 or 3 big spoonfulls of greek yogurt, a big squirt of Dijon mustard, salt and pepper to the bowl.
- Mix/mash all ingredients together until you’ve reached the desired consistency. (A Food Processor would come in handy here!)
- Enjoy! (I like it served on toasted bread)
It’s that easy. Add more yogurt if you like it less thick, add more mustard if you like that kick. You get the idea. It’s so easy!
A few notes. I use greek yogurt because I’ve simply never been a fan of Mayo. But feel free to use it if you wish. I like that the greek yogurt is thicker, and adds a bit of sourness/tartness to the mix. Also, I’ve added everything from chopped walnuts, diced green apples, curry powder, paprika, etc. Whatever you have in your refrigerator/pantry is game! I also sometimes switch out the eggs for leftover shredded chicken for, you guessed it, Chicken Salad. Genius.