>Yah. It doesn’t get much better than this. And yah, you must add that extra “a” (See title).
On a serious note, this has to be one of my all-time favorite dinners. It’s surprisingly easy and the leftovers are even uh-mazing. Meatball sandwiches anyone?
That’s a Good(a) Meatball(s)
- 1/2 lb. Italian Sausage, ground (remove casings if necessary)
- 1/2 ground beef
- 1/2 finely chopped yellow onion
- 3 gloves garlic, diced finely
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, grated
- handful of parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp chili pepper flakes
- salt, pepper to taste
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- In a large mixing bowl mix together all of the ingredients except for the red chili pepper flakes and olive oil. Don’t be afraid to get your hand’s dirty! (If too wet, add some extra breadcrumbs and parmesan until reaching the right consistency)
- Once the mixture is combined and thoroughly mixed, shape the meatballs into 2″ balls. If your hands weren’t already all up in the mix, they will be now. Don’t worry, it’s part of the experience 😉 (Also, wash your hands!…duh)
- Meanwhile, heat up a large saute pan over medium to medium high heat with 1-2 tbsp olive oil.
- Once the saute pan has had a chance to heat up, start placing the meatballs in the pan. Do this in batches so that you don’t crowd the meatballs. If they’re too close they’ll steam and won’t properly brown.
- Cook the meatballs for 3-4 minutes on each side, so they start to brown but haven’t cooked through.
- In a medium sized saucepan over medium to low-medium heat, add a jar of your favorite tomato sauce. Add the meatballs and chili pepper flakes. Let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve over your favorite pasta or eat alone.
It’s that easy! Do yourself a favor and make these ASAP!
And in case words aren’t your thing: