I know. I was just yammering on about my dislike for RAW tomatoes (with exceptions). Yet…
These tomatoes rocked my world.
Smothered on pieces of toasted baguette, Wasa crackers, or an empty spoon…I don’t care. Bruschetta is always a good thing. (Right Martha?)
You are HIGH if you don’t immediately make this. (I may or may not be watching Step Brothers as I type this).
Easy Breezy (beautiful) Bruschetta
- 3-4 tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- handful of fresh basil, chiffonaded (can simply chop, but I’m fancy)
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 TBSP balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a serving bowl, combine tomato, onion, garlic and basil. Mix.
- Add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, pinch of salt and pepper. Mix.
- Serve with toasted baguette. (Slice and toast.)
Never prepared herbs by the chiffonade technique? It’s super easy! I joke that it’s fancy, but it’s not. All it entails i rolling up the leaves of what you are going to chop à la a fruit rollup and then cutting your “rollup” with a knife so that you end up with ribbons of said leaves.
Thank you so much Lauren for the fresh tomatoes! Each and everyone of them were thoroughly enjoyed!