I really did. It’s been a looooong week. And what do I do when I find myself in a tight spot? (Apart from popping open a bottle of wine…) I cook.
Lucky for me, I had a fridge full of fresh vegetables. Spinach, carrots, zucchini and red onion to be exact.
I also had a few blocks of Tofu. And the ingredients to make my favorite tofu marinade 🙂
Yah. About an hour and 1 glass of red wine later I was good to go.
And for at least the night, my tummy was stress-free
Tofu Veggie Wraps
- 1 block’s worth of Braised Garlic Tofu (recipe here)
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1 zucchini, julienned
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- tortilla wraps of choice
- goat cheese (optional)
- Prepare tofu according to recipe, remove from pan.
- Lower stove temperature to medium heat. Place carrots, zucchini and onion in pan. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir ocassionally.
- Add tofu to pan, stir and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- In the microwave, heat up tortillas for about 20 seconds.
- Place handful of spinach onto warmed tortilla. Add vegetable and tofu mixture and top with goat cheese.
Yah. this was delicious. In fact, it’s my favorite dinner for the moment. I’m already looking forward to lunch tomorrow where I’ll be enjoying leftovers.
One last note, for these particular wraps I used brown rice tortillas I picked up on a whim from Trader Joe’s the other day. No, I’m not going gluten-free or anything, just felt like trying something new. I liked them, they are much tougher and less-pliable than flour tortillas but they were tasty. I’m going to finish the pack before I come to a final decision on them.
So I want to know, what do you do when you’re stressed out?