This was my Sunday night.
Jealous? You should be. It was delicious.
Short Ribs, cucumber salad and toasty garlic bread. Comfort food, baby!
These short ribs were the result of an amazing girls night a few weeks ago. Ever since then, I haven’t succeeded in getting them out of my mind! This is the recipe I used (although, I substitute the sugar for a few squirts of honey or agave syrup and make sure to use low-sodium soy sauce).
Since I know that these ribs aren’t the “healthiest” I tried to round it out with something fresh and light. Enter a quick cucumber salad.
This is my kind of salad: just a few simple ingredients and super cheap! I have a feeling it will fall into regular rotation around here (especially for lunch!)
Cucumber Corn Salad
- 2 ears of corn, steamed (can substitute for frozen)
- 1 english cucumber, diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- rice wine vinegar, 1/4 cup
- salt and pepper
- Combine the corn, cucumber, red onion and rice wine vinegar in a mixing bowl.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill salad in the refrigerator for 30 min – 1 hour.
And because it was a Sunday night, frozen yogurt was had.
Shout out to Adam, the dessert sous chef.
It was a good night. Watching Dexter Season 5, Disc 1 didn’t hurt either. (Love that show!)
Hope your Sunday night was a nice as mine!