You can still whip up something pretty decent.
3 Ingredients. Probably 20 minutes. Minimal effort.
I hope that sounds appealing to you.
I feel silly even writing a recipe for this, but I will. Because I literally have nothing else to do right now. (No need for comments on that).
Spicy Mustard Chicken
- 1 chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- 3 Tbsp spicy mustard (I used a spicy brown mustard)
- Salt and Pepper
- Cover the chicken breast (both sides) in 2 Tbsp of the spicy brown mustard of your choice. Allow to marinate for 20 minutes (time permitting).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- On a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat, cook the chicken 6 minutes on each side. (Or until no longer pink in the center)
- Immediately after taking chicken off the grill, spread remaining Tbsp of mustard on chicken breast.
- Allow chicken to rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Slice and enjoy on a salad or with a few vegetable sides of your choice.
I seriously slathered that sucker in mustard. And I’m glad I did.
I like this because 1) it’s easy and 2) it’s seriously easy. I used my grill pan and in about 30 minutes (total cook and rest time) I had a pretty yummy piece of chicken. I’m thinking next time I’ll make a few chicken breasts so I’ll have leftovers for lunchtime salads and even easier dinners throughout the week.
Hope you all had a lovely weekend!
Okay, full disclosure…I might have sprayed my pan with some cooking spray. I guess that makes this 4 ingredients, not 3. Shoot me.