I will never cook skinless, boneless chicken again. Ever!
(Umm, this probably won’t last more than a month).
But honestly. Why have I been steering clear of the amazing, flavorful deliciousness that are chicken thighs and drumsticks. Bones and skin still intact.
Oh my word.
Yes, I know. Boneless, skinless chicken is the mainstay of a “healthy diet.” Lean protein + lots of vegetables + fruits + some whole grains….SNOOZE.
If this is wrong, then I don’t want to be right.
If it will make you feel better, serve along with a buttload of veggies. But honestly, it’s not that bad for you. And hey, shouldn’t we truly enjoy the food that we put in our mouths?
I think so.
- 2 lbs chicken drumsticks and thighs, skin and bones included
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 1 1/2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl mix together the cumin, paprika, cinnamon, brown sugar, cayenne pepper, kosher salt, and pepper.Rub spice mixture on the chicken, being careful to cover all sides of the chicken. Set aside.
- Over medium high heat, add the olive oil to a saute pan. Make sure the pan is nice and hot before adding the oil.
- Add chicken to the pan and sear on both sides for 1-2 minutes, so that the chicken is nice and brown. (Don’t worry – the chicken should still be raw in the middle!)
- Transfer the seared chicken to a baking dish and place in oven.
- Allow chicken to cook in oven for 30 minutes, or until the juices run clear.
And bam! That is how you enjoy chicken.