Well, here we are, already at Tuesday! I guess I enjoyed the weekend so much I kept rolling with it until today…
Today I am grateful for:
- Giving myself a break. I find that so often I am my own worst enemy. It’s okay to let yourself go every once and a while and just enjoy things. As you can see, I’ve taken a few days off in my own journal. But that’s okay. I had a wonderful weekend. A really wonderful weekend, and the time away from my phone and computer was time well spent.
- My patio. It’s basically our second living room. It’s quite large, tiled, fenced in and beautiful. I love the herbs and flowers that are growing back there, the full-size dining table (which accommodates ladies night perfectly), and the twinkle lights hanging above and directly on the fence. It’s such a peaceful, happy space.
Patio at night.
- Sunday Fundays! My Sunday was spent with my boyfriend, his brother and a handful of his friends on a yacht. I don’t think I need to elaborate, but I will. The boys loaded up their surfboards and we made our way out into the open seas, and then back around to Point Loma behind the break so the boys could jump right in and catch some waves. It was AMAZING. Again, I am SO SO appreciative of the proximity of the ocean to my everyday activities.
Posted by AndreaSomething on September 17, 2013
Yesterday was a good day. I absolutely KILLED it on Fantasy Football. Too bad my Vikings went down to the Lions…
Today I am grateful for:
- A clean house. During law school, I picked up a habit of cleaning whenever I was stressed out (or just felt like procrastinating from studying). The upside, is a clean house always makes me feel better. Things look nice and are put in place, and chaos has momentarily been stayed. So Sunday mornings are a favorite of mine – lots of coffee, vacuuming, mopping, and good tunes (or football!) being played throughout the house.
- Pharmaca. Pharmaca is my local drugstore/health store. Not only can I pick up my prescriptions from there, but they have an amazing line of organic, environmentally safe products for the body and mind. I’ve picked up essential oils, my favorite Acure Organics body line, treats like dark chocolate, and the occasional gift from there. If you live in San Diego you should definitely check it out!
- Tree pose. It’s such a powerful, grounding pose. Whenever I feel like I need a lift in my spirits, or to gain some confidence, a few moments in tree pose ALWAYS helps.
Posted by AndreaSomething on September 9, 2013
Valentino practicing his downward dog
Did you know that it’s Yoga Awareness Month? What a fantastic way to jump into fall! I’ve been kind if absent from the Internet, for good reason, but this was just the inspiration I needed to ‘get back on the mat’ so to speak (clever!).
This month I’m making a pledge to dedicate more time to my yoga practice and to start my day with gratitude. For the next 30 days I’m going to post 3 things that I’m grateful for. I hope this encourages a few of you to do the same! I’ve been doing it on my own this summer and I have to tell you, it does wonders to my day. It’s an easy, and quick way to set a positive intention for your day.
Hope you have all enjoyed a happy and healthy summer so far!
Posted by AndreaSomething on September 5, 2013